Sunday, December 22, 2013

Practice, Practice, Practice

I don't want to jinx it, but I've been practicing a lot more lately.  Drawing that is.  I've been watching videos by Reiq where he's just sketching away.  It was kind of inspiring.  To start with, he's good.  Real good.  So I've been trying to level up my skills and produce better stuff.  In the meantime I'd settle for figuring out how to post my sketches so they look decent. 8(

More updates on my DeviantArt page as I work on this.

On the other side of things, I've been working on my short story writing skills, and reading awesome examples from Tobais S. Buckell.  I've read a bunch of his sci-fi books.  They're awesome, brutal at times, and can be kind of shocking at others.  It's kind of refreshing when you've grown up on tame Star Trek stories.

So I'm trying to learn from his example and write good short stories, which seem the closest thing in the writing world to creating comics.  I'm hoping it doesn't take me 15 years like it took him. 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment