Sunday, January 5, 2014

TV Shows...

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I have an amazingly hard time watching TV shows. Not because they're poorly written or acted or anything like that.  It's just that when there are emotionally uncomfortable scenes I have a really hard time dealing with it.  If I'm watching at home by myself I'm pausing the show every couple minutes for me to relax and decompress for a minute.  With friends, or my wife, I'm staring at my shoes or just 'away' during the uncomfortable parts.  Awkward shows like sitcoms are almost unwatchable for me.  I can get through a drama with a bit of effort.  Action shows are usually pretty easy. Mostly.

For example: A while back when I watched Dr. Horrible's sing along blog, a show that's maybe 45 minutes all together, it took me around 2 hours to watch it.  It was awesome, but all the pausing and uncomfortableness sucked.  Now I can go back and re-watch it at regular speed without much of a problem.

It makes watching most TV shows kind of sucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment